If you have completed Part 1 of your AHA First Aid certification online and need to have an AHA instructor verify your skills demonstration, we can do that!
Prior to verifying your skills, you must visit the AHA to complete Part 1 of your First Aid Certification by clicking here: https://elearning.heart.org/course/7 . The Part 1 cost is $20 paid to the AHA via this website.
Once you are finished with Part 1, please view the Heartsaver CPR AED Course Schedule here to choose a date for skills verification completion. You must e-mail email@example.com with your preferred date prior to placing your order for Part 2: Skills Verification.
You must bring your completion certificate from Part 1 to receive a completion card.
Please remember all purchases are final and WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS.
What does the course teach?
This course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Heartsaver First Aid Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver First Aid blended learning course, designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for first aid training.
Upon successful completion of both the online and hands-on portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid course completion card, valid for two years.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers